After the Rákóczi War of Independence that ended in a defeat, the Austrian court confiscated the enormous estates of the prince found in our region and presented them to the family Count Schönborn in 1726 who built their imposing hunting lodge here between 1890-1895. The building bearing the characteristic features of the Tudor style was planned in terms of astrology: 12 entrances for the 12 months of the year, 52 halls or rooms (the number of weeks), and 365 windows according to the days of the year. Since 1948 it has been functioning as a sanatorium.
The nineteen-hectare park of the residence is Transcarpathia’s largest and most beautiful complex of landscape architecture. The artificial pond in the middle of the park is full of rare plants. Countless legends relate to the romantic building and its surroundings.